Monday, December 28, 2009

Why is there no way to telescope down a path you are thinking about taking? All I want to know is what I should be when I grow up. I realize that I am nearly thirty years old and by definition "grown up" However. I don't feel grown up. At the moment I feel used up and under stimulated. I want to go back to school. I want to be in a classroom with grownups. I want to learn things, I want to think about something other than laundry, dishes, and poopy butts. The question is what do I go to school for? I am really leaning toward teaching elementary school kids. I like the idea, but I don't know. I remember having teachers that seemed so unhappy with life (I didn't know it then of course but looking back) and lets face it I don't need any help in the depressing department. So how do I know? How can I be sure that I am investing time and money into a future that I am actually going to enjoy? I honestly believe that everyone should have a career that they love. How do I know if I will love teaching? I am a little embarrassed to admit how much and how many times we have invested in my future. I don't want this to be just one more time we waste copious amounts of money for a job that I am not going to do. I wish there was a way to stand before a path you are thinking of taking and peek down the road to see what it is like. I am really starting to feel like a flake of all trades master of none. 

1 comment:

Dee said...

Honey start looking up!!! You may not know for sure what you want to do with your education but at least you keep trying to find the correct path....there are some of us in this world that just gave up in the beginning beacause we did not think we could accomplish it.
Give yourself credit for keeping going.
Dee

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter