Monday, December 14, 2009

Where does creativity come from?

Some one please tell me. I need to hunt some down. I love crafty things but everything I do is a pattern that some other amazingly creative person created. I feel like I used to be creative but not any more. Yesterday I went for a walk around the block with Riley and he had the lights off the top of one of his police cars (They are magnetized so he can pop them on and off the car). The lights flash when you push a button and he would stop when he saw a house with pretty Christmas lights or a camper in someones driveway and he would put the light up to his eyes and push the button and say "I'm takin' a picture of the Christmas lights" or "look at that reindeer, I have to take a picture" I thought it was so funny and an amazing use of his imagination. Now I am in a photography class and I am feeling so generic. I feel like there is absolutely nothing amazing about my pictures. How do I learn to see something amazing in things that aren't. Those are the pictures I love. The ones of a pile of mushrooms at the grocery store, that even though it is just mushrooms is an amazing picture. Turning mundane things into art has always amazed me. So how do I learn to stop taking these things for granted and actually see them? I don't know. How do I start coming up with ideas that nobody else has ever had? I don't know. I feel blocked. Creatively constipated if you will. I know that the more you exercise creativity the stronger it gets, but how do you exercise it when you can't even figure out how to move it?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter