Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When I grow up I wanna be famous.

buuuut that's not going to happen, so it's time for plan B. Unfortunately I never can up with a plan B. I never really came up with a plan A. I was always the girl that just wanted to get married and have babies. How very 1950's of me right. Well Mission accomplished, now I want a career too. How fickle is woman. I don't want just any job. I want an awesome job. A job that I am made for. A job that utilizes my unique talents. And there in-lies the first problem. What is my talent? It certainly isn't anything obvious. Not to me anyway. I can't sing or dance. I have minimal artistic ability. And I can't contort myself into a small box so the circus is out. Honestly the only thing that I can think of that I am good at is being funny. Stand up comedy doesn't really seem that appealing to me, so what does that leave? Hmmm. The other thing is I am not really passionate about anything. I mean I have the normal momma bear, don't mess with my kids thing goin' on, but I don't think people get paid for that. I have thought of a few things but I don't really know if any of them are right for me.

There is photography of course but at this point I don't really think I am any good. I am taking the correspondence course and I can see if that helps me any. I have though about taking a photography class at a school, but what if I am really no good? Do I really want to pour a bunch more money into something that isn't going to pan out.

Maybe an elementary school teacher. I know that I learned best from the teachers that were funny. But do I really want to deal with that many kids? And isn't part of the reason I want a career is to get away from my kids? (I love 'em I really do, but I'm not a saint. I need a break.) Do I really want to deal with kids all day? Is that really a break?

I have it on very good authority that shrinks get into the business because they are crazy. Well I have that going for me. I definitely have my issues, not to mention a son with Asperger's syndrome. Maybe I could be a head doctor or maybe a child psychiatrist. That definitely sounds interesting and at this point it seems to be the idea with the least amount of buts. This is the only one. This is a very professional field. I don't know if I am a "professional" type person. I like to be free and easy. Is being silly and quick with the one liners considered professional or frowned upon?

Why isn't there a test to tell you what kind of job is right for you. That would be super duper right now.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter