Friday, March 12, 2010

What is going on here?!?!

I live a fairly simple life with fairly common stressers, money, parenting, the occasionally deployed husband. It has gotten to the point now that most of the time these things aren't as stressful, but more of a pain in my arse. Life had gotten boring and I was feeling under stimulated so I decided to make a big change in my life, I decided to go back to school as a full time student. Now all of the sudden everything is a stresser. I few weeks ago I blew out my knee skiing, laying me up on the couch for 2 weeks, and calling into question whether I would even be able to go to school. A few days before I was supposed to register for classes I found out that the program that had approved me for 6k of free school money temporarily shut down leaving me in the lurch, so we ended up using money we were planning on using for some much needed family fun time to pay for classes instead. An MRI shows that the knee I thought was getting better, actually has extensive damage and a possible fracture, and will most likely require surgery. It is going to be 3 weeks before I can get in to see an orthopedic surgeon, which seems like a lifetime to wait when you are barely mobile and like an idiot REALLY hurt it again today. Two days after registering and paying for school I found out that the free school money program was opening up again to previously approved students making me think that I had missed it by two days. Luckily I didn't. I can get them to approve payment for my classes and the school will refund me my money which is great and I am very happy about but it is one more thing to take care of in my super hectic life and all of this on top of the fear of failure and the unknown that comes with going back to school....No wonder I can't sleep      

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter