Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My personal hell

I know this is going to sound awful but I need to vent and what better place to do that than a blog. Cory left last friday and I am doing ok I have delt with Rileys shall we say adventures with a little more humor and less stress. I am trying to have patience and less anger. I have gotten up from nap time to find the dog locked in his room and him outside in the car wearing only a shirt and a diaper. I didn't freak when he came out of his room with wet hair and when I asked him what happened he brought me a bowl with pee in it and said "went potty". I even managed a calming breath when he painted his chest and some of his hair black with my mascara, but now it is tuesday and I am supposed to have the morning off. He is supposed to climb on the bus and out of my hair for a few hours and give me a quiet morning to get things accomplished while he is at school. But this morning I woke to anice dusting of snow on the ground. And when I say dusting I mean I can still see not just the grass but the ground and what do you know. . .school is canceled. Why? There has been more snow than this on the ground before and they have still had school. ARG Looks like another day of "stop, get down, don't, leave it, don't touch, no scissors, get out of the bathroom, leave my stuff alone, and get off the table" and hours and hours of Wow wow wubbzy

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh honey, it gets easier, and then it gets harder and then it gets easier again.

When Connor was 3 he made a "pool" in his room, peed in the dishwasher, gave the dog a hair cut, and often ran butt naked out the front door.

Yesterday he shaved off his increasingly prominent mustache, worked for a few hours with his algebra tutor, and spent the rest of the night texting.

I miss the pool, the scissors, and the little tiny person he used to be.

It goes by so very fast.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter